Sunday, August 2, 2009

mint chocolate chip icecream

I wonder if men know about a mommy's comfort treats. You know, that one treat you have (or two or three) each day to wind down and feel in control. I feel in control when everyone is gone or the kids are asleep and I sneak in the freezer to get me a scoop of that luscious mint chocolate chip icecream. No kids are begging for a bite, no husband is saying are you going to get me some, or gees! you've eaten almost that whole carton by yourself because I haven't had any! Its just me and the icecream. To enhance the moment I watch a re-run of so you think you can dance or read my harry potter. I just wanted to remember this moment and cherish it because I am just about to grab a scoop. Hubby is studying (bless that man), kids are snoozing, and I am going to be diving into a green and black mountain of pure deliciousness. (I know mom... I'm supposed to be on the Body for Life diet, there's always tomorrow).

No comments:

Post a Comment