Sunday, September 20, 2009

What I learned this Sunday

First, I learned that I am the worst time manager- no never mind, I already knew that. So we were late to church and missed the sacrament. Bummer. But the talk today was on sharing your talents and it was really good, followed by a good musical number. Dang I can't remember why I liked it so much but I did. I should really take notes.

Then we entered the jungle. Yes we are now in nursery. Cute and fun little stinkers. I learned that I overestimated the kids attention spans for sure. (we have the youngest group) Jack got to go in with us and I learned that he is just as big as all the kids that are way older and he can hold his own! More on that on my other blog.

Here is the spiritual growth of the day. I had to show a house that I am renting out. This woman asked many good questions about the house and had a great family. Before she took an application, she asked me if I was LDS. I didn't know what she was wanting to hear but of course I said yes without hesitation. She then just lit up. She just joined the church very recently and was worried about switching wards. She then told me how happy she is and how much peace she feels. Just as I was noticing the pricklies on my arm she told me she had goosebumps. She said that she feels like she is the opposite of Adam and Eve. That she was in the lone and dreary world for so long and now she has the light of the Gospel. I could just feel it radiate from her. What a great reminder of what I have and have always had. So even if I never see this woman again, she bore testimony to me and strengthened my testimony. I hope I can do that for others more often.

3 comments:

  1. aahh i too am a fellow nursery goer! The busiest job in the church, wouldn't you say.

    funny that your most spiritual experience was outside of church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sister Ellis!!!! I miss you!!! You should invite me to follow your blog! :) The Ellis fam one, unless its like an extended family one...cuz idk your extended family... But anyway!! Haha! It was so cool to hear from you!!!! I love BYU so so much!! But I am actually living in Helamen, but its all good! Def try to keep in touch! You're the best! Much love! And thanks for the ideas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SISTER ELLIS I MISS YOU TOOOOOO!!!! It's been forever! Do you still look the same?! hahaha just kidding, But how are you all?! I saw you found Kaz and I had to let you find me too! :)

    ReplyDelete