Saturday, March 12, 2011

Forgetful

David Bednar compared the Liahona to the Spirit in a 2006 Enign article. He then said that it "failed to work when family members were conentious, rude, slothful, or forgetful. I already knew about contentious and rude - I can be those... and slothful- well I'm that too at times but not horribly so... but forgetful!! Oh man I'm in trouble! I get what he means though. In Alma 37:41 it says, " Nevertheless, because those miracles were worked by small means it did show unto them marvelous works. They were slothful and forgot to exercise their faith and diligence and then those marvelous works ceased, and they did not progress in their journey"
Sometimes you get in the fast lane and just simply forget to do the essential things. I forget how to feel the Spirit in my home. Once I do something that merits the Spirit, I am brought to that remembrance - and then I want more of it. But slowly it dims again. THATS why we need to read and pray everyday. THATS why we go to church and do all the things we do. We are forgetful, slothful, rude people naturally- we have to be reminded constantly!

No comments:

Post a Comment