Wednesday, February 16, 2011

power on earth

Today while I was reading scriptures I read this in 1 Nephi 14: 14: "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the POWER of the Lamb of God, that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb, and upon the covenant people of the Lord, who were scattered upon all the face of the earth; and they were armed with righteousness and with the power of God in great glory." And I seriously felt the importance of my job as a mother. I know that seems like a random connection. Here is how I came to that thought: The world is a crazy place, and just going to get crazier. But we are "armed with righteousness" and with the POWER of God in great glory. The word power stuck out to me. Despite our numbers being few, and despite our weaknesses, God has given us power because of our righteousness. So the thought crossed my mind- what am I using my God-given power for? Am I wasting it? And right then I looked down at Taylor. Wow, I felt so important. My power right now is raising these kids to be righteous and to therefore receive the same power. Every one's endowed power is used in different capacities at different seasons in their life. Some are in the spotlight and their power on earth is more evident. But a mother- a mother has the ability to affect generations from the quiet comfort of her home. So cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment